AM 2160 160w, 6 In, 100V Out, Mixer Amplifier
The AM 2160 mixer amplifier counts a total of 6 inputs, 4 of which universal and 2 dedicated to program sources.
UNIVERSAL AUDIO INPUTS
It is equipped with several type of input connectors: XLR connector for the Input 1, RJ 45 connectors for the Inputs 2 and 3, expressly for BM 3001 paging microphones and then removable screw terminal connectors for each of the universal audio inputs.
AUX INPUTS & OUTPUTS
The AM 2160 mixer amplifier has 2 Aux Inputs on dual RCA connector with independent gain controls and overall Treble and Bass controls.
The PRE OUT audio output on RCA connector permits to source the same signal routed to the internal power amplifier circuit. It can be used also to link additional external power amplifiers.
The MUSIC ON HOLD audio output with RCA connector makes available a mono signal of the program source connected to the AUX INPUT A. The MUSIC ON HOLD output is supposed to be mainly used for the connection to a PABX system in order to activate the ‘music on hold’ function.
The AM 2160 mixer amplifier has 8 DIP switches to set the Priority Configuration, the VOX function, the BM 3001 smart-PTT circuit activation, and the chime sound.
An auxiliary relay dry contact is triggered when a priority command has been activated so to for instance drive attenuators priority relays.
The amplifier output is available either for low impedance loudspeakers (min. 4 Ω) or 100 – 70 V constant voltage speaker lines. The Output connection supported by removable screw terminals are protected by a security cover.
The model of each AM 2000 series mixer amplifier includes the information of the built-in power device: for instance AM 2160 makes you available 160W RMS @ 100V, 70V or 4 Ohms.
On the market you can find other Mixer Amplifiers for Commercial Audio applications, but none light and compact as the AM 2160.
THE POWER SUPPLY & AMPLIFIER ASSEMBLY
The Power Supply and Power Amplifier are designed as single high efficiency module, compact and reliable. For instance, the energy efficiency is in this series close to the 80% compared with traditional products where the 45% is sometimes hard to be reached.
When you hold it in your hand, you can feel the technology we developed for this range of commercial audio amplifiers. Already several thousand pieces have been used world-wide so far in many different applications/projects.
THE PRE-AMPLIFIER CIRCUIT
The Pre-Amplifier board, expressly designed for the perfect integration with the power module assembly includes several facilities like direct link with BM 3001 dedicated paging microphone, it permits to wire the console even 100s meters far from the mixer amplifier by using simple CAT5 FTP cable.
Furthermore the preamplifier board is equipped with a microprocessor which monitors the status of the power supply and power amplifier circuits, manages different priorities configurations among the inputs and generate the chime-tone, optionally accessible from each input. Thanks to its incredible high-quality audio circuit, the AM 2000 Series mixer amplifiers it is an innovative amplifier family with technological breakthroughs.
Finally internal wiring of the 2000 Series amplifiers and the mechanical solutions developed show the flexibility of the whole project which involves 10 other public address Amplifiers based on same technology but different in power and features/facilities.
2000 Series is a project carried-out by a team of 10 engineers at RCF headquarters for over two years and it represents the latest technology solution for the EASY LINE SOLUTIONS Commercial Audio Public Address systems.
AMPLIFICATION SYSTEM FOR INDOOR SYSTEMS Eg. GYM, SCHOOL HALL, PLACES OF WORSHIP ETC….
This example shows a basic sound system for a small capacity gym, where the use of music is required to amplify voices during players’ training sessions, to provide information to the public and players during matches, for music reproduction during all these events, or to fulfil a multitude of other needs. The AM 2160 amplifier can be connected with 4 microphones (cable or wireless) and 2 (stereo channels) music outlet sources. For larger gyms, other speakers can be added to take full advantage of the 160 W available on the AM 2160 system 100V outlet or, for special needs, the more powerful AM 2320 (320 W, code 121.35.059) which can accommodate up to ten MQ80P speakers.
PUBLIC ADDRESS SYSTEM FOR SMALL PLACES OF WORSHIP
A basic installation for small places of worship comprising: floor-standing dynamic microphone for choirs or soloists (MD 7600), lectern with gooseneck microphone complete with accessories for either in-built or lectern surface mounting (MC 4040), floor-standing gooseneck microphone for podiums (MC 4040), boundary microphone for podiums (MT3200). The column audio speakers are designed to contain the sound to hearing level and prevent it rising towards the ceiling (which is generally quite high), thereby reducing the amount of atmospheric reverberations that are created.
For these types of installations, it is important not to place the microphones too close to the audio speakers and these should never be directly facing the microphones.
AM 2160 is a mixer-amplifiers with 4 mic-line audio inputs on removable connectors (the first input also has an XLR socket) and 2 aux inputs for music sources (e.g. CD players, tuners, etc.).
160 W nominal output power available either for low impedance loudspeakers or 100 – 70 V constant voltage line.
- • Restaurants
- • Boutiques
- • Pubs
- • Beauty Centres
- • Markets
- • Hotels
- • Office buildings
- • Medical centres
- Full digital technology Mixer Amplifier 160 W RMS
- 100 V – 70 V and 4 Ohm outputs
- 4 universal inputs with phantom facility on screw terminal connections
- Presence Control and per-channel High-Pass filters
- XLR connector on input 1
- RJ45 connectors on input 2 and 3 for connection to BM3001 microphone
- Configurable Priority settings, VOX facility on input 1
- Selectable aux inputs with two keys on the front panel for music source
- Aux inputs with volume and tone controls
- Music On Hold and PRE outputs
- Microprocessor controlled
- Digital Chime and Siren built-in generator
- 24 V / 0.5 A priority relay output
- Power output:160 W rms
- Frequency Response:50 Hz ÷ 18 kHz
- Distortion:< 0.3%
- Signal/noise rate:(MIC) > 60 dB; (AUX) > 80 dB
- Crosstalk:(MIC) > 60 dB; (AUX) > 80 dB
- Phantom Power:32 V dc
- Input sensitivity MIC:– 56 dBu
- Input sensitivity PHANTOM:– 28 dBu
- Input sensitivity LINE:– 7 ÷ + 19 dBu
- Input sensitivity AUX:– 4 ÷ + 15 dBu
- Input impedance MIC:10 kΩ
- Input impedance PHANTOM:5 kΩ
- Input impedance LINE:10 kΩ
- Input impedance AUX:20 kΩ
- Bass Tone:(80 Hz) ± 8 dB
- Treble Tone:(13 kHz) ± 8 dB
- Presence control:(2.15 kHz) + 10 dB
- High-pass filter:150 Hz
- Output Level:– 1 dBu
- Output impedance:600 Ω
- Phantom power voltage/current:32 / 0.018 V/A
- Output Loudspeaker Low impedance:4 Ω
- Output Loudspeaker Constant voltage:100 V ; 70 V
- AUX output:Pre ; Music on hold
- Protections:Overload, thermal, Short circuit, fuse
- Operating voltage:220÷240 / 110÷120 ~ 50 / 60 V ˜ Hz
- Power (consumption):240 W
- Fuse model:T3.15AL – 250 V ;T6.3AL – 250 V
- Height:88 / 3.46 mm/inch
- Width:442 / 17.40 mm/inch
- Depth:230 / 9.05 mm/inch
- Net weight:4 / 8.81 kg/lbs
- Package height:200 / 7.87 mm/inch
- Package width:500 / 19.68 mm/inch
- Package depth:330 / 12.99 mm/inch
- Shipping weight:4.5 / 9.92 kg/lbs