LARGE-DIAPHRAGM DYNAMIC BROADCAST MICROPHONE
AUDIO-TECHNICA’S LARGEST DYNAMIC DIAPHRAGM
The BP40 Dynamic voice microphone provides natural sound reproduction for a variety of applications – radio, recording, post production … thanks to its hypercardioid providing optimal isolation of the sound source and excellent off-axis rejection. The 37mm capsule with a patented “floating edges” design optimizes the surface of the membrane and maximizes performance, while the humbucking coil (for noise compensation) prevents the risk of electromagnetic interference (EMI) (generated by the video monitors, power supplies, etc). Due to its robust, all metal construction, the BP40 will be ideal in broadcast environments.
- Large diaphragm dynamic microphone
- Hypercardioid directivity with excellent off-axis rejection
- Very sensitive to plosives (“P”, “T”) and soft on transitories
- Conceived and designed for professional broadcast applications. Ideal for radio and post production studios
- Its Humbucking voice coil prevents the risk of electromagnetic interference (EMI)
- Optimized positioning of the capsule to keep an impressive vocal presence, even remotely
- Low-cut switchable filter 100 Hz 6dB / octave;
- Multilayered windscreen for superior filtration from internal pops
- Comes with AT8483 clip
- All metal rugged construction for reliable use in professional broadcasting environments
“LARGE DYNAMIC MEMBRANE”
First broadcast microphone designed by Audio-Technica, having a wider dynamic diaphragm, dedicated to radio broadcasting and studio post production.
“A RADIO SOUND”
With its 37mm diameter dynamic capsule, the BP40 is very sensitive to plosives and retains very mild transients. Moreover, its multilayered windscreen guarantees high efficiency against “pops”, which makes it ideal for radio studios and post-production studios. The optimized positioning of its capsule preserves an important vocal presence, even remotely.
“FULLY METALLIC ROBUST CONSTRUCTION”
Robust, all metal construction, ideal for use in professional broadcast environments.
LARGE DYNAMIC CAPSULE
The Ø 37 mm capsule of the BP40 has a patented “floating edges” construction which optimizes the surface of the membrane and maximizes performance.
The Humbucking voice coil prevents the risk of electromagnetic interference (EMI) caused by video monitors, power supplies, etc).
RICH AND NATURAL SOUND
The BP40 Voice broadcasting microphone offers a capacitor-like rich and natural sound, thanks to a dynamic large-diaphragm design.
Available as an option, the AT8484 suspension reduces noise and unwanted vibration. Inside, the shockproof suspension ring rotates to engage the ball bearings and lock the microphone in place.
|Frequency Response||50 – 16,000 Hz|
|Open Circuit Sensitivity||-48 dB (3.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa|
|Low Frequency Roll Off||100 Hz, 6 dB/octave|
|Dimensions||164.0 mm long, 56.0 mm diameter|
|Output Connector||Integral 3-pin XLRM-type|
|Accessories Included||AT8483 mounting clamp for 5/8”-27 threaded stands; 5/8”-27 to 3/8”-16 threaded adapter; soft protective pouch|