Tour-Grade Ruggedised and Screened Cat5e Network Cable (50 Metre Reel)
- Original ultra-rugged and highly flexible Neutrik* etherFLEX Cat5e cable
- Length 50 metres
- Tested for both AES50 and EtherSound* audio networking
- Dual shielding for protection against EMI and ESD interference
- Dual jacket construction with PUR and FRNC layers for enhanced cable resilience
- Shielded Hirose RJ45 protected by Neutrik etherCON connectors on both ends
- Robust and lightweight Schill* cable drum, with auxiliary winder and integrated break
- Extend two 50 m cables to 100 m using optional Neutrik NE8FF connector (not included)
- Rubber caps on etherCON connectors cover terminals during setup and transport
- Velcro* straps secure cable ends during transportation
- Designed and engineered in England
The KLARK TEKNIK NCAT5E-50M is exclusively designed utilising Neutrik and Schill components, ensuring dependable performance whenever CAT5 based connections are required for mobile pro audio applications. Its ruggedised etherFLEX cable with etherCON connectors ideally lends itself to medium and long cable runs of AES50, Dante, EtherSound, CobraNet, AVB audio networking or general purpose Ethernet remote control.
The EtherFLEX ruggedised cable structure includes 4 pairs of stranded wires AWG 26, able to withstand repeated flexing and stress much better than solid wires. The wires are surrounded by conductive foil and additional braided shielding for consistently high rejection ratios against EMI, RF and ESD. Its inner FRNC jacket is separated from the rugged outer FLEX PUR jacket by a thin layer of talc powder, for improved cable handling properties.
But the NCAT5E-50M is not only flexible in terms of its superior mechanical properties—it also can be deployed in many situations. If a single 50 m run is not sufficient, you can extend two cables to 100 m using the optional Neutrik NE8FF connector. Simply unwind the cable from the drum. If you need AES50 connections exceeding the typical 100 metre limit of CAT5 Ethernet, KLARK TEKNIK’s DN9610 Extenders or DN9620 Repeaters provide a very cost effective solution.
We consider Schill cable drums a de facto industry standard for European pro audio cable drums. The unbreakable synthetic rubber material is as strong and resilient as steel, but more durable and much lighter in weight. The speciality material can withstand temperatures from -20°C to 70°C and is resistant to chemicals, oils and petrol. The integrated adjustable break stops any inadvertent drum rotation. A 2 m cable length is wound on the auxiliary spool for easily connecting the drum to the mixing console. Rubber caps on both etherCON connectors cover terminals during setup and transport and hook-and-loop fasteners secure cable ends during transportation.