There are many different multichannel digital audio protocols available today. Some are well established and have been in common use for several years, others have appeared recently, and all are vying for recognition and market share. Interfacing different protocols can be difficult and expensive, often requiring the use of inflexible, proprietary hardware. Connecting different audio networks together, which often have differing sample rates and clock domains can be a difficult and expensive process. The DN9652 Dual Network Bridge has been designed to allow two dissimilar digital audio networks to interface simply and reliably.
Currently available interfaces include:-
- Audinate Dante
- Cirrus Logic CobraNet
- Digigram EtherSound
- MADI (AES10)
The DN9652 Dual Network Bridge supports network modules designed and manufactured by Cirrus Logic, Inc., Lab X Technologies, LLC, and Audinate Pty Ltd.
The DN9652 clock synchronisation scheme is divided into two domains (A & B) for each of the two network module interfaces.
Each Network Clock Domain may select from:-
- External Network Clock
- External Network Clock with Word Clock In Synchronisation
- DN9652 Onboard Oscillator
- Network Module Onboard Clock
- Clock selection from other Network Module
- Word Clock In
- Video Black Burst In
Note: Selection from above options may be limited by feature set of Third Party Module fitted.
- Converts between MADI, Audinate Dante*, Cirrus Logic CobraNet* and Digigram EtherSound*
- Bidirectional Asynchronous Sample Rate Conversion on every channel with bypass facility
- Bidirectional output audio clock inhibit feature for redundant network systems
- 24 bit audio operation with 96 kHz and 48 kHz sample rates
- Video Synchronisation in PAL/SECAM/NTSC formats in standard and high definition
- Internal “AES Grade 1” temperature-compensated word clock (1 ppm)
- Internal web server allows browser-based configuration via Ethernet control port
- Status indicator LEDs and LCD display on front panel
- Features Neutrik etherCON* network ports
- Rugged 1U rackmount chassis for durability in portable applications
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
- Designed and engineered in England