8 Port AES50 Extender and Multiplexer with up to 1000 Metre Range
- Multiplexes up to 8 AES50 connections into one optical fibre cable or CAT5 cable
- Extends AES50 connections up to 1,000 m with optical fibre or 100 m with CAT5 cable
- High channel capacity with 192 bidirectional channels @ 96 kHz
- Internal “AES Grade 1” temperature-compensated word clock (1 ppm)
- Neutrik etherCON* connectors used for AES50 ports and copper snake connection
- Dual-fibre Neutrik opticalCON DUO* connector used for optical fibre snake connection
- Internal web server allows browser-based configuration via Ethernet control port
- Rugged 1U rackmount chassis for durability in portable applications
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in England
The DN9680 provides a high channel count solution to the 100 metre limitation that Ethernet and CAT5 cabling imposes on the physical size of AES50 networks. A pair of DN9680 units allow up to eight AES50 connections (192 bidirectional channels) to be extended by up to 1,000 metres via single mode optical fibre or 100 metres via CAT5 copper cable, greatly simplifying long haul cable connections due to the use of a single bidirectional snake cable.
DN9680 acts as a bidirectional multiplexer and demultiplexer, and combines the eight incoming AES50 streams into the outgoing snake connection, and simultaneously also takes the incoming snake connection and unbundles the eight AES50 streams and routes them to the corresponding AES50 ports. A snake system consisting of a pair of DN9680 units routes the incoming AES50 streams to the outgoing streams on a one-to-one port basis, so that the snake is transparent in use, only incurring a small propagation delay of 250 microseconds.
As standard, DN9680 is compatible with single-mode dual fibre cable. As an option, the DN9680-MM upgrade kit allows conversion for use with multimode dual fibre cable over a 500 metre range.