THE PLM 20K44 COMBINES A 4-IN, 4-OUT CONFIGURATION WITH INDUSTRY-STANDARD DANTE NETWORKING, SETTING THE BENCHMARK FOR POWERED LOUDSPEAKER MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS.
The PLM 20K44 is the natural successor of the proven, road tested, and trusted Lab.gruppen touring foundation exemplified by the iconic PLM 20000Q. Now offering an extended 4-in, 4-out configuration together with twice the processing power via the latest version 6.3 Lake Controller release, plus industry-standard Dante® networking, the PLM 20K44 sets the benchmark for Powered Loudspeaker Management Systems.
The PLM 20K44 combines four channels of extremely powerful amplification with unrivalled signal processing and audio management. At the core of the system concept is the total integration of all devices – including networking, audio I/O, signal processing, amplifiers, power supply and connected mains supply – allowing complete control and monitoring of the entire platform, resulting in unique operational benefits.
The Power of Lake Processing
The PLM 20K44 features the legendary power of exclusive Lake Processing algorithms, incorporating four full-featured Lake modules with four discrete channels of audio throughput input to output. Audio signals are selectable from four channels of analog (with Iso-Float ground isolation), four channels via AES3 digital inputs and eight dual redundant Dante networked digital inputs. Input signals are individually selectable for each channel, with programmable failover to a lower prioritized input.
The full-featured, on-board Lake Processor includes group control with Raised Cosine MESA EQ asymmetric filters to match the responses of any loudspeaker system. LimiterMax peak and RMS limiters set the industry standard for loudspeaker protection and sonic transparency.
The included Lake Controller software provides a unified interface for control of Lake functions and for comprehensive monitoring of both amplifier status and connected loudspeaker loads. Optimized for a wireless tablet PC, Lake Controller is easy and intuitive to operate, with the “feel” of real-time analog faders and controls. Lake Controller also features seamless integration with third party, real-time sound system measurement, optimization, and control software packages. Users can measure spectrum and transfer function and adjust system EQ at the same time, using the same user interface.
Lake Processing offers classical crossovers (selectable up to 48 dB per octave) as well as linear-phase crossovers capable of slopes exceeding 180 dB per octave for greater control to limit lobing and off-axis cancellation.
CAFÉ for Green Credentials
CAFÉ (Configuring Amplifiers For the Environment) is a software suite that allows the PLM 20K44 to be easily configured and monitored in the most efficient manner possible. In addition to providing comprehensive system surveillance and configuration of amplifier features such as ISVPL and Breaker Emulation Limiter (BEL), CAFÉ also includes valuable help to save the environment. CAFÉ can accurately predict estimations of average mains current draw and generated heat, and utilizing the PLM Series’ innovative power supply technologies in combination with BEL the mains draw can be safeguarded to a predicted level. The end result is precise mains management and thermal control, which allows more accurate provision of mains distribution, cabling and cooling. CAFÉ reduces lifetime running costs and minimizes environmental impact, and also reduces demands on UPS systems.
In addition CAFÉ also features Equipment Specification Predictor (ESP): an innovative design aid that examines the system SPL and speaker requirements and transforms that data into circuit and amplifier channel requirements. On a system level, CAFÉ supplies a recommendation for optimized placement of channels into amplifiers for the most cost effective solution, including quantities of PLM series models for the most rational equipment, thereby minimizing wasted headroom.
RPM Provides ultimate flexibility of power output allocation across channels to match specific load requirements, enabling more efficient use of amplifier inventory
MORE IS MORE: POWER, PERFORMANCE AND PROCESSING
PLM offers unprecedented levels of refined performance, double the processing power, and even better overall efficiency – proven, tested and trusted
Lab.gruppen’s dedicated integrated software provides comprehensive system surveillance, reducing running costs and minimising environmental impact
TECH SPEC OVERVIEW
- 5000 W per channel @ 2.67 ohms
- 4400 W per channel @ 4 ohms
- 2U chassis weighing only 17 kg (37 lbs)
- Class TD® output stage
- Universal (70 – 265 V) Regulated Switch Mode Power Supply (R.SMPS™) works anywhere in the world
- Power factor correction (PFC) helps maintain full output during extended power bursts
- Copper-finned Intercooler® with transverse-mounted output devices
- Comprehensive loudspeaker preset database
- LoadSmart™ load verification
- Dante™ low-latency digital network included as standard
- Compatible with Lake LM Series, and Lab.gruppen PLM and D Series
- Primary and secondary network connections
- Digitally controlled and recallable “amplifier gain” adjustable in 0.1 dB steps
- Digital output attenuation in 0.25 dB steps from -inf to 0 dB
- Binding post or Neutrik® speakON® output connectors
- Digitally implemented, zero-overshoot Inter-Sample
- Voltage Peak Limiting (ISVPL) adjustable in 0.1 V steps from 17.8 to 194 V
- Breaker Emulation Limiter (BEL) prevents mains tripping
- Under-Voltage Limiting (UVL) enables continued operation with mains voltage sags as low as 65 V
- High-Resolution daylight viewable LCD display
- Moisture resistant silicone touchpad