VM95 SERIES 78RPM SP CARTRIDGE
Since SP records have monaural modulation, when combining an SP stylus with a stereo body, such as the AT-VM95SP, it is recommended to use the ?MONO ON? function ? of your standard Stereo Phono Preamplifier to minimize record surface noise.
AT-VM95SP, as stereo cartridge for SP mono records, when used with a dedicated archiving phono preamplifierequalizer incorporating various functions to generate a mono signal from Stereo inputs (Mono L+R, Mono L, Mono R, LR Variable Mix) allows professional archivers to minimize noise and distortion by sampling the least damage side of the grooves from an old record.
- 3mil SP stylus for reduced record surface noise
- Aluminium cantilever
- 2.7mV output voltage
- Compatible body with all VM95 Series stylus assemblies
VM95 SERIES – STYLI COMPATIBILITY
Every cartridge diamond stylus becomes worn after a period of play.
Around 500 hours for a conical stylus, 300 hours for an Elliptical stylus, 1000 hours for a Microlinear stylus, and 800 hours for a Shibata stylus.
Our VM95 Series dual moving magnet cartridges can be used almost forever by replacing the interchangeable stylus. It is no longer necessary to purchase a complete cartridge when your diamond is worn out, you can simply buy the matching replacement stylus, but also enjoy the experience of upgrading your cartridge with a different stylus.
The six models of VM95 Series cartridges all use the same electromagnetic engine-body, therefore each of the six replacement styli are perfectly compatible.
AT-VM9E SERIES COMPATIBILITY WITH THE AT-XP SERIES DJ CARTRIDGES
- The electromagnetic engine-body of XP-Series, is fully compatible with all replacement styli of VM95 Series and will deliver more output voltage than VM95 Series cartridge. So providing improved compatibility with phono inputs of Professional DJ Mixers.
- VM95 Series electromagnetic engine-body is also compatible with the three replacement styli of the DJ cartridge AT-XP Series, nevertheless, the electromagnetic engine-body of XP-Series, will deliver more output voltage than VM95 Series cartridge in order to provide better compatibility with phono inputs of Professional DJ Mixers.
- Note that typical tracking force when using XP Series styli is three grams as opposed to two grams for VM95 Series styli.
- The suspension design and compliance of XP-Series styli have been optimized for intensive DJ’ing, including possible manual cueing and back-cueing.
- The VM95 Series suspension design and compliances of VM95 Series have been designed for optimum audiophile reproduction.
CONICAL BONDED (3MIL) STYLUS
A conical bonded stylus with a large curvature radius at the tip. The curvature radius is 3 mil, and suitable for playing 78 RPM records from a wide variety of eras.
NO USE OF NUTS
VM95 Series cartridges features two M2.6 threaded inserts allowing the installation of the cartridge onto tonearm or removable headshell without the use of nuts.Each cartridge is provided with one pair of 8mm M2.6 screws, one pair of 11mm M2.6 screws and two plastic washers.
||VM Stereo Dual Magnet
||20 – 23,000 Hz
|Output Channel Balance
||1.5 dB (1 kHz)
||2.7 mV (at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec)
|Vertical Tracking Angle
|Vertical Tracking Force Range
||4.5 – 5.5g (standard 5.0g)
||SP 3 mil Conical Bonded
||Bonded Round Shank
||3.3 kΩ (1 kHz)
||550 mH (1 kHz)
||12 x 10 – 6 cm / dyne
||2 x 10 – 6 cm / dyne (100 Hz)
|Wire Used for Coil
|Recommended Load Impedance
|Recommended Load Capacitance
||17.2 x 18.9 x 28.3 ( H x W x D mm)
||Two 11 mm installation screws;
Two 8 mm installation screws;